Strayer University is committed to helping students reach their career goals. Through the University’s Career Center, students have access to a wide range of complimentary services and resources. These resources have been carefully selected to assist students in preparing for future professional positions. Although the intent is to actively engage students in the career development process, participation in career development activities and/or completion of any Strayer University program does not guarantee a student will find employment after graduation.
Career resources and services offered to students may be found behind the iCampus login on the University Career Center webpage: https://icampus.strayer.edu/ucc.
On-line Career Resources:
- Optimal Resume: A comprehensive career management platform for resumes, cover letters, portfolios, etc.
- LinkedIn Alumni Tool: Searchable directory connecting students and alumni for career networking
- Career Gallery: On demand career and specialty webinars
- Candid Career: Alumni providing career advice via short video clips
- Live online webinars: Sessions led by Career Experts
- Links to information on resume writing, cover letters, interviewing, networking, and job search strategies
Campus-based Career Resources
Additional resources are located in the Learning Resources Center (LRC). Each campus has a Career Resources Area which includes books, periodicals, and local job listings. The Learning Resources Center Manager on each campus is trained and available to provide resume critiques and assist students with the many career related resources found on campus and online. LRC Managers frequently organize on campus Career Networking Events bringing together students, alumni, and employers.
A corporate Career Services team supervises and trains the LRC Managers in the delivery of career resources and supports all the online systems and communications with students and alumni.